[Bioc-devel] genefilter package update?

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 7 19:29:02 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Not sure exactly who is maintaining genefilter (the info page lists a
group), so I thought I'd post here.  The genefilter package (version
1.16.0)
compiles fine under Solaris using the default Sun compiler, but if you
actually try to use it you get a nasty error:

 ld.so.1: R: fatal: relocation error: file
/export/home/gordonp/R/lib/R/library/genefilter/libs/genefilter.so:
symbol __1cDstdJbad_allocG__vtbl_: referenced symbol not found

This is because under Solaris libCrun.so needs to explicitly linked for
the C++ code in genefilter's src directory.  I got around this by creating
a GNU configure script (in keeping with the recommended R package
approach) that checks if -lCrun is needed.   With configure in the
top-level
direxctory of the package, it works fine.  Hopefully this can be
incorporated into the distribution, as I think it would affect anyone
not using gcc on
Solaris.  Not sure if the mailing list strips off small text
attachments, but the configure.in and src/Makevars.in for autoconf are
attached.  I can
send them directly to the relevant party if they e-mail me.

Regards,

Paul