[Bioc-devel] affxparser: release version not available for OSX?

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 29 04:58:04 CET 2007

Hi Henrik,

Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to
>
>   http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/html/affxparser.html
>
> there is no release version of 'affxparser' available for OSX.

What do you mean? According to this page, affxparser 1.10.1 is available
as Source, Windows binary and OS X binary.

> ...and the devel version is out of date:
>
>   http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/affxparser.html

We don't build (and have never built) BioC devel on Mac OS X so what's
here is an old stalled Mac OS X binary (probably from before the last
release). Maybe it would be less confusing if we didn't have this
binary at all.
The good news is that we are planning to start building BioC devel on
Mac OS X (Leopard) very soon.

Cheers,
H.