[Bioc-devel] RFC: read.AnnotatedDataFrame

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 24 19:25:55 CEST 2007

Dear Vince,

>> Frankly, if people can prepare a file easily with MS Excel and then call
>
> is it a single file?  the annotated data frame should have several
> components including pData, featureData, varMetadata?  (apologies
> if i am misremembering the structure)

Yes, that's the point :)
read.AnnotatedDataFrame2 suggests a simple way how people can prepare a
single file in Excel (or Openoffice,...) that includes pData and
varMetadata. These are the components of an annotatedDataFrame.

I believe you may have confused this with ExpressionSet, which has two
annotatedDataFrames in it, one for arrays and one for features.

Comments on the current prototype and its man page are welcome.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang