[Bioc-devel] RFC: read.AnnotatedDataFrame

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 24 00:33:32 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I have a checked in a new function read.AnnotatedDataFrame2 into Biobase
(>= 1.15.12), which has (somewhat) different arguments from the existing
read.AnnotatedDataFrame:
- different defaults for the  read.table options:
    sep="\t", header=TRUE, quote ="", as.is=TRUE,
- no 'widget' argument (which is anyway unimplemented).

A nice feature is that the new function allows more easily to specify
the varMetadata.

Ideally, I would like read.AnnotatedDataFrame2 to replace the existing
read.AnnotatedDataFrame, but for this would like to request your
feedback: is anyone very attached to the function
read.AnnotatedDataFrame in its current form? Would changing its API
break lots of things? Please speak up if "yes", otherwise I might
interpret that as "no".

Best wishes
   Wolfgang