[Bioc-devel] patches submitted earlier today

Allen Day allenday at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:45:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

>    I think you misunderstand the process here. If you are patching a
> package, then I suggest that you contact the maintainer of that package
> directly and interact with them. They may or may not want your patch,
> and it is their software, it does not belong to the list.

That's fine with me.  I didn't know the patch submission procedure.
Is it documented somewhere?  I assumed that the maintainers of
packages subscribe here, or at the very least I'd be able to bounce it
off subscribers to bioc-devel to get some valuable feedback (which I
did).

> If you had checked your mail to the list you would see that the patches were
> stripped - so I think you should not expect them to be applied.

Odd, my mail client shows the attachments went out okay.  Maybe there
was some trouble because I forwarded, or because I switched my
subscribed email address in the middle of the thread.  I was
previously subscribed from .ucla.edu domain, but now I subscribe from
.gmail.com.

Does this address your concern over my current .gmail.com email
domain?  Ideally I'd be taken seriously proportional to the quality of
my postings rather than the domain of origin.

Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for the attachment confusion.

-Allen