[Bioc-devel] patches submitted earlier today

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue May 8 23:58:54 CEST 2007

Hi Allen,
   I think you misunderstand the process here. If you are patching a
package, then I suggest that you contact the maintainer of that package
directly and interact with them. They may or may not want your patch,
and it is their software, it does not belong to the list. If you had
checked your mail to the list you would see that the patches were
stripped - so I think you should not expect them to be applied.

   I also think that it is a bit naive to send patches from some
anonymous email account and expect anyone to take your seriously, but
that is entirely your call.

  best wishes
    Robert

Allen Day wrote:
> For the patches I submitted earlier today, can I expect the
> maintainers to reply on this list regarding the acceptance / rejection
> of the patch?  I'm currently maintaining patched RPMs for these R
> packages and I need to know if I can drop my custom packages out of
> the build process.
>
> Thanks.
> -Allen

Robert Gentleman, PhD