[Bioc-devel] RFC: Naming scheme for organism level annotation data packages

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Jul 21 18:08:22 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Huber <huber at ebi.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi Seth,
>
> sounds good to me.
>
> One possible option I wanted to throw into the ring to solve the
> identifier system problem and at the same be at least conceptually
> prepared for annotations of multi-species systems (e.g. host-pathogen,
> say, man/anopheles/plasmodium) would be to use name of the name of
> identifier system (EG) as the prefix rather than "org".

That was something we discussed.  The down sides of that are:

  - What would you put for an updated version of the YEAST package?

  - How would you indentify organism-level packages?  [Perhaps your
    point is that this may not really be all that useful so isn't
    worth considering].

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org