[Bioc-devel] biocLite - can it produce better error messages?

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 29 22:51:28 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

Not sure the problem was a transient outage of the bioconductor repository:

  > install.packages('limma', repos="http://toto.fr/")
  Warning: unable to access index for repository http://toto.fr/src/contrib
  Warning in download.packages(unique(pkgs), destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
           no package 'limma' at the repositories

biocLite is just a wrapper to install.packages, hence those errors you see
are those raised by install.packages, not biocLite.
Your collaborator got this:

  dependency '‘cellHTS’' is not available

but no warning message like in my previous example, so it seems that install.packages
was able to access the repository indexes but that there was indeed no cellHTS package
available for _him_ (I would not be surprised he tried this on a Mac ;-) )

Cheers,
H.