[Bioc-devel] Strange error during package check (pcaMethods package)

Wolfram Stacklies wolfram.stacklies at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:00:13 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am the maintainer of the pcaMethods package. During the automated
package checks I receive the following error message on
/wellington/ Linux (SUSE 9.2) and on /derby/ Mac OS X (10.4.8) (see below).
Build is fine for all packages.
I guess that has something to do with the upgrade to R-2.5.0, but I really
cannot interpret the error message.
It builds and checks fine on my (Mac OS) desktop and Linux laptop with
R-2.5.0.
I experienced a similiar problem once when I upgraded from R-2.3.x
to R-2.4.x, reinstalling Bioconductor with the new R version resolved the
problem.
I would be happy for any suggestions how to solve the issue and hope this
will not prevent the package from entering the 2.0 release of Bioconductor.

Best regards,
Wolfram

The error message is:

> ## Perform probabilistic PCA using the 3 largest components
> result <- pca(metaboliteData, method="svdImpute", nPcs=3, center = TRUE)
Error in function (env)  : could not find function "finalize"
Execution halted