[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.0 deadline reminder

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 11 22:17:46 CEST 2007

Paul Shannon <pshannon at systemsbiology.org> writes:

> Hi Seth,
>
> It looks like the gaggle package failes to check on OSX due to a build error
> on graph.  I'll leave that one to you for now, if I may...

Yep, we will try and get that sorted out.

> As for the check failures on Windows, it seems to be due to the absence
> of rJava.  Is this something I can help with?  Have I somehow bungled
> the dependency specification?

No, gaggle/DESCRIPTION looks fine.  I think we just haven't had the
time to install rJava on Windows.  We will try and make that happen.

> I believe we punted on the Solaris check failure on 2.4.  Are things stricter
> this time around?

Short answer: no.

The idea is that packages that can be cross-platform should be.  We
would like package maintainers to take responsibility for making the
needed changes.  At the same time, we (all of us) have limited
resources and working on some platforms is better than none.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org