[Bioc-devel] error in installing tkWidgets for R-2.5 alpha

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 9 00:16:50 CEST 2007

Hi Tony,

The error message seems pretty clear:

"Tony Chiang" <tchiang at fhcrc.org> writes:
> init.tcl in the following directories:
>     @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@
>

> This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

> Sorry for the long output...but this does seem weird and I am kind of
> surprised at the result. It might be worth mentioning that I built
> R-2.6from source by checking out the lastest R-devel from subversion
> while I
> downloaded R-2.5 alpha from the att site.

You might re-run the R-2.5 installer and see if there is a customize
option that allows you to install Tcl/Tk (there used to be such an
option).  You might also investigate differences in capabilities()
between your two R's.

Note that there seem to OSX binaries available for BioC 2.0 and you
might want to just try installing those...

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/html/tkWidgets.html

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org