[Bioc-devel] splots -- new package announcement

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 12:03:22 CEST 2006

Hi Steven,

a colleague of mine has just checked it on her powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0
with R2.3.1 -- it worked fine, all coloured.

As I can see it the cause of the problem could only be either in 'grid'
package that 'splots' uses or in R graphics internally, but not in
'splots'. The function is quite simple in sense of technical
implementation, it does not fork R-graphics and simply uses a couple of
things from 'grid'. Considering also that PDF works fine, the cause
cannot be in colorRamp as well.

I wish I could help more, but I am afraid it's a 'grid' bug and I cannot
reproduce the bug on another Mac, which means it is more likely a
machine-specific issue rather than platform-specific.

How about R2.4 when it comes out, maybe give it a try.

Best regards,
Oleg

--
Dr. Oleg Sklyar | EBI, Cambridge CB10 1SD, England | +44-1223-494466