[Bioc-devel] heads up

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 28 06:19:33 CET 2006

>   This change has some benefits and addresses issues that some have
> raised, but it seems that the decision to make the new behavior the
> default (rather than optional) seems less than kind to those of us that
> make extensive use of Sweave.
>
>    I strongly suggest that you voice some opinion on this unless you
> want to review all your vigenttes, papers, books and find places where
> the new behavior clashes with the old.

Based on the Seth-Duncan exchange it sounds like this is up in
the air and the conservative default may well be adopted.  I do
agree that affecting thousands of documents to help find bugs
is less than kind, so it would seem that the time to change the
default back to the conservative value is now.

Any data on the impact on the devel builds?  Any vignettes that
are notably badly affected?