[Bioc-devel] stale link to reposTools in BioC FAQ?

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Wed Nov 8 23:23:51 CET 2006

Hi Herve,

[First things first - I want to thank all the
maintainers of update methods - installing and
updating packages is noticeably easier than
even 4 or 5 months ago.  Dependencies are more
reliably identified and installed in order,
etc.]

Thanks to you and James for the update
info.

It seems quite a few things in the documented
method for updating packages have changed, so
there are several stale/outdated links and
info items in the FAQ and elsewhere in the
BioC web site.

I just ran an update using

update.packages(ask = FALSE) ## CRAN updates
update.packages(repos = getOption("BioC.Repos"), ask = FALSE) ## BioC updates

Am I missing anything doing it this way?

Any update suggestions/recommendations/pointers
to documentation I've missed would be appreciated.

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney at bccrc.ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC