[Bioc-devel] Universal mac OS X packages for BioC 1.8 ready for testing

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat May 20 01:12:19 CEST 2006

Kasper Daniel Hansen <khansen at stat.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I am unable to access the repository using the Mac OS pull-down menu
> where I choose "Bioconductor (binaries)". I know this is not the way
> you specific below, but I gues it is the most natural way for most
> users. Perhaps one can do it using a "Other repository". Perhaps this
> needs changes in R.app - in that case it should be updated for
> R-2.3.1

That's something for the R-SIG-Mac list, perhaps.  I think it would
take a fair amount of work to get the package installation to work via
the GUI.  Why?  Because to intall packages you need to install
dependencies and ours are spread across multiple repositories.

> Also: I tried installing affxparser which I know does not compile on
> Mac OS X with the GCC shipped with R-2.3.0 (we have a fix I will
> merge into Bioc 1.8 today). It looked like it installed, and the .tgz
> file contains .so libs both for i386 and ppc. Both I cannot load the
> package, dyn.load complains about unresolved Symbols (which makes
> sense, the lib does not fully compile). Anyway, it looks like the
> binary have been build even though the compilation fails. That is a
> bit strange.

Indeed.  Thanks for testing and providing some feedback.

+ seth