[Bioc-devel] Universal mac OS X packages for BioC 1.8 ready for testing

Fri May 19 21:25:36 CEST 2006

I am unable to access the repository using the Mac OS pull-down menu
where I choose "Bioconductor (binaries)". I know this is not the way
you specific below, but I gues it is the most natural way for most
users. Perhaps one can do it using a "Other repository". Perhaps this
needs changes in R.app - in that case it should be updated for R-2.3.1

Also: I tried installing affxparser which I know does not compile on
Mac OS X with the GCC shipped with R-2.3.0 (we have a fix I will
merge into Bioc 1.8 today). It looked like it installed, and the .tgz
file contains .so libs both for i386 and ppc. Both I cannot load the
package, dyn.load complains about unresolved Symbols (which makes
sense, the lib does not fully compile). Anyway, it looks like the
binary have been build even though the compilation fails. That is a
bit strange.

/Kasper