[Bioc-devel] how to create my own repository of mac os x binaries?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue May 16 05:42:41 CEST 2006

Hi Paul,

Paul Shannon <pshannon at systemsbiology.org> writes:
> I made a few naive attempts to create such a repository.
> In my last attempt,
>
>     1) I built the binaries on a mac
>     2) moved them to <package-base>/bin/macosx/powerpc/contrib/2.3/
>     3) rebuilt the repository (using repos tools).

When you say "using repos tools", can you give us a bit more detail?
I'm afraid you may be using the deprecated reposTools package.

To create the control files that install.packages and friends will
look for, you want the write_PACKAGES function which is in the tools
package (comes with R).

> Can anyone help me out of my muddle here?  Perhaps point
> me towards some instructions explaining the directory
> structures and techniques used to provide binary packages
> in a repository?

A CRAN-style repository (that's what you want) looks like this:

some_root/-

           - src/contrib/
           |             |
           |             - PACKAGES