[Bioc-devel] biocLite() ready for BioC devel downloads (R 2.4 required)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 4 16:55:28 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Huber <huber at ebi.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi Herve,
>
> can you please also check it in to /madman/installScripts (or to some
> other documented place). I like to have the line
>
> source("/home/huber/madman/installScripts/biocLite.R")
>
> in my .Rprofile to avoid typing the tedious URL all the time.

Here is my solution: put the following in ~/.Rprofile

    tryCatch({
        source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
    }, error=function() NULL)

This way, if I'm not connected to the net, I don't get an error.
Since you can't use biocLite without net connectivity anyhow, I don't
see a real advantage of sourcing from local disk instead.  And there
is a disadvantage in going from svn: it may not correspond with what
is currently posted on the website and therefore may not work as
expected.

+ seth