[Bioc-devel] Build/check report news

Wed Apr 26 05:57:16 CEST 2006

A few comments:

In my opinion one of the greatest assets of the BioC build/check
routine is the ability to get your code tested on various platforms,
and that is most important for non-R code (typically C but it may
include other languages).

I would like to see
   * Other automatic build platforms like Solaris, Windows and MacOS
X. Perhaps a 32bit Linux as well? (I am sure that this will be the
case in due time, just wanted to mention it :)
   * More details on the build platform especially compiler versions.
Eg. I have no idea about the difference between SuSE 9.2 and 10.0
   * A build timestamp.
   * The ability to see the contents of the 00INSTALL file which
contains compiler warnings/errors. I would like to see this _even if
the package build successfully_ as there can be some differences in
the warnings the different compilers/platforms yields. This is
something that the old pages lacked as well. At first I looked at the
aCGH package and did indeed see appropriate g++ output, but then I
check the affxparser package and saw none. A bit strange... - indeed
I do not even see the building of help pages? (hmm this difference
also exists on the BioC 1.8 page - why?)
   * perhaps it should be considered to use the -Wall flag for gcc
and/or -pendantic?
   * If the building process takes too much time, perhaps one only
needs to check code in /src on the various platforms - eg. skip the
generation of help pages?

Otherwise it looks good. Thanks for the work.

/Kasper