[Bioc-devel] Bioc 1.8 release update

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 25 00:19:50 CEST 2006

Hi all,

A quick update on the 1.8 release.

R 2.3.0 was released today.

The current Bioc 1.8 check results are looking very good.  A big
thanks to all of the package maintainers who have been fixing bugs
left and right.

Today we will be bumping version numbers for packages in the release
according to the policy outlined here__.  You should not do this
version bumping yourself, we will take care of it.

__ http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Version_Numbering_Standards

If the results continue to look good and no major problems are
reported with the new R release, we plan to release Bioc 1.8 *early*.
Possibly tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday.

Best Wishes,

+ seth