[Bioc-devel] Bioc 1.8 release branch

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Apr 22 02:38:18 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

Our svn issues have been resolved and I've created the 1.8 release
branch based off of rev17547.

All package maintainers have commit access to the 1.8 release branch
for their package.  Please respect that _only_ fixes to remove
warnings, and doc fixes should be sent to the release branch at this
time.

If your package still requires a few tweaks before Monday's deadline
for the release, here is how to proceed:

1. Checkout a working copy of your package from the release branch:

     svn co https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_1_8/madman/Rpacks/Biobase

2. Make the fixes and commit from that working copy.  Please remember
   to increment the version number.

(cover your ears, I need to shout a small bit)

IMPORTANT:
    As of noon PDT today, any changes made to the svn trunk WILL NOT
    be included in the release.  All changes to trunk are now
    considered part of the Bioc 1.9 development line.

Thanks to everyone's hard work, the builds are looking very good.  As
such, we are hoping to be able to make the official release a few days
early.  Our current target is Wednesday 26 April.

Best Wishes,

+ seth