[Bioc-devel] generics from Biobase not found during package installation

Florian Hahne f.hahne at dkfz.de
Mon Oct 24 19:39:20 CEST 2005

Hi Seth,
you were right, importing the whole Biobase namespace also fixed the
problem. At the moment I'm not sure which of the two alternatives is the
better one (imporing the namespace certainly is better in terms of
typing work...) But for me it seems as if everything works fine both
ways. But of course I don't want to break anything important by doing
some silly stuff...
I have no idea why you can't reproduce the error on all of your
machines. Are you sure you are using the R 2.2.0 release version,
because for R-2.2.0 devel  I also don't get the error.  I'm using this
version at the time:

platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    2
minor    2.0
year     2005
month    10
day      06
svn rev  35749
language R

Once this issue is settled for good would it be possible to push the
patched package to the release branch??