[Bioc-devel] generics from Biobase not found during package installation

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 24 18:48:30 CEST 2005

Hi Florian,

I still don't understand why I don't see the error everywhere.  I can
only reproduce with our automted build account.  Everywhere else I
try, prada builds and checks just fine (prior to your changes).

I just did the following experiment using the build account where I do
see the failure on accessing the "description" generic:

Added to NAMESPACE the following line:

import("Biobase")

After that change, I was able to build without error.  I understand
what Robert is getting at with respect to SaveImage and what can and
cannot be done at build and/or install time vs load time.  I don't
know exactly what the NAMESPACE stuff is doing and perhpas it is
changing the behavior of SaveImage?

Can you see if simply modifying NAMESPACE to import Biobase solves the
problem on your systems?

Best,

+ seth