[Bioc-devel] Error in texi2dvi when processing Sweave .tex file

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 1 23:53:27 CEST 2005

Hi Peter,

On  1 Oct 2005, peter.warren at verizon.net wrote:
> I am trying to create a Bioconductor package. Everything installs
> and checks fine. Now I'm on my last step, which is to create a
> vignette. I'm trying to test the Sweave process, to make sure I can
> build a vignette. I am stuck at the texi2dvi stage, which fails when
> I try to process the example Sweave-test-1.tex file.

Getting a working development setup for R on Windows can be a real
challenge.

> I am running the latest patched version of R (2.1.1) on Windows
> XP.

I believe some improvements were made in the about-to-be-released
version of R (2.2.0) that make it work more seamlessly with a MiKTeX
install.

If you are preparing a package for contribution to Bioconductor, you
will need to be working with this version of R anyhow.

Also, R-devel may be a better forum for further questions regarding
configuration of a working Windows devel setup.  That's were the
experts are, anyhow :-)

+ seth