[Bioc-devel] Problem with getBioC()

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue May 24 16:48:09 CEST 2005

Hi,
  I am wondering if this is related to the locale settings (are you
using a non-English locale?) and some of the recent changes in R to
support other character sets. Which would explain why we have not seen
it - since we don't use non-English settings (anyone else out there with
non-English settings willing to give this a try).

  You might also try and set options(error=recover), to see if that pops
you into a debugger at some useful point (did you try traceback()?)
Also, debug(install.packages), and then running this, would help to
narrow down just what we are looking for.

   Or another experiment - try just downloading the zip file, to the
desktop and then loading it...

HTH,
   Robert