[Bioc-devel] Attention Bioconductor Maintainers

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat May 21 01:53:15 CEST 2005

Package version numbers have been "bumped".

In order to distinguish between the Bioconductor 1.6 release branch
and the devel version of Bioc packages, I have made the following
version number change to all packages included in the 1.6 release:

x.y.z  ==>  x.y+1.0

For example, Biobase was released at 1.5.12.  It's new devel version
is 1.6.0.  This way, patches on the release branch can continue to
increment the z number without any confusion with the devel version of
the package.

If you strongly object to this change in your package version number,
please contact me so that we can work out a compromise.

Thanks,

+ seth