[Bioc-devel] widgettools download problem w/ getBioC

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 19 02:14:00 CEST 2005

Cyrus Harmon <ch-bioc at bobobeach.com> writes:

> Will do. Before I go off and do this, a couple quick questions:
>
> 1. What R versions are supported?

2.1.x

and 2.0.x should continue to work as before.

We do not yet have things setup for 2.2.x, but will within a couple
days for sure.

> 2. What to do about previous bioconductor installations? Do we
> support getBioC for 1.6 on top of existing packages?

Well, this would only come up if you have a separate package library.
It should work to install over existing packages, but I don't know for
sure.  I will try it!

I think the recommendation will be to install into a clean package
library.

> My pleasure! Congrats on the impending (or completed? I'm still not
> sure...) release!

Well, we're sneaking it in ;-)

Things are just about there.  We will be testing overnight and plan to
make an official announcement and website update tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

+ seth