[Bioc-devel] on the future of the searchable mail archives

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 18 16:36:26 CEST 2005

Hi Istvan,

On 18 Jul 2005, istvan.albert at gmail.com wrote:
> I have no problem with doing it in the foreseeble future since I've
> already set it up in a way that it takes very little effort about 15
> minutes a month ... even though  I currently do not need to use BioC
> in my research.
>
> But you might want to think about  establishing a more official and
> better integrated search mechanism for  the BioC site and archives.

First off, thank you for maintaining the searchable mail archives.  As
your logs demonstrate, this service is greatly appreciated by the BioC
community.

It sounds like it is time for the BioC community to plan for an
alternate mechanism (or perhaps just an alternate host) for the
searchable archives for the near future.

Would you be willing to send me (off list) some details on how you've
setup the search site?

Best,

+ seth