[Bioc-devel] RBGL's page

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 21 00:18:02 CET 2005

Hi Jeff,

On 20 Dec 2005, jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu wrote:

> Title is a bit of a misnomer as this wouldn't be specific to RBGL,
> just the way the package was checked in.

I'm not sure I understand what you are commenting on with respect to
'Title'.

> Looking at:
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/1.8/html/RBGL.html
>
> On the vignette listing, it is picking up every single graph
> rendering as a vignette (it looks like they're all checked in - why
> I'm not sure, but they are).  I'm not sure how that table is being
> generated but would it be better to key off of the
> <pkg>/Meta/vignette.rds file?

Technical detail: You only have Meta/ after install.  Ideally, we want to build
the repository data without requiring an install.  It is painful
enough as it is to gather together all of the meta data :-/

> Perhaps this is actually desired behavior but it seems odd to me.

Well, at present, we are being quite naive and including all pdf files
that live in inst/doc.  This has obvious disadvantages.  On the other
hand, it gives some motivation to have clean svn check-ins and such.

In the case of RBGL, a number of pdf files were accidentally checked
in.

+ seth