[Bioc-devel] ISMB 2006: Fortaleza, Brazil, August 6-10 (Wolfgang Huber)

Aedin Culhane aedin at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 12 17:14:17 CET 2005

    Hi Wolfgang,
        I will (I have many slides!!) if I find a co-presenter? An
        outline (max
        4 pages) is required before 9th Jan.

        Tutorials are 4 hours (including 30 min break), So thats really
        4 x 45
        minute sessions. Not that much can be covered in that time. So
        perhaps
        two BioC tutorials would be useful.  Then there could be a
        full-day
        BioC/R tutorial which might be more beneficial to students.
        Anymore
        takers ???

        I am happy to present on exploratory data analysis/data
        visualisation
        using dimension reduction techniques/cross platform
        analysis/visualisation & integration of multiple
        datasets/comparisons of
        feature selection approaches.

        Ideally I think a talk + practical works best.  Most at ISMB
        will have
        laptop.  We can request they have R/BioC before the class
        (yeah....!!!!
        and hope). But it probably best to provide setup/practical
        scripts in
        advance.

        Do you know... do tutorial presenters get free
        registration/travel to
        ISMB? (hopefully ;-))))))

        Anybody want to co-present?? Wolfgang I think your tiling array
        and
        graph analysis would be of lots of interest to many.

        Aedin