[Bioc-devel] Problem with getBioC(develOK=TRUE)

Goeman, J.J. (MSTAT) J.J.Goeman at lumc.nl
Wed Oct 13 11:52:21 CEST 2004

Hi Robert,

My reposTools version is the same as yours. I went trough getBioC to track
down the problem. It is somewhere here:

                ## FIXME:
                ## Despite using themes, still need to go through
                ## this headache right now because we're doing an
                ## update and then an install to pick up any new
                ## values.  Need to have functionality like the old
                ## install.packages2() which only updates old
                ## packages and installs new packages built into
                ## reposTools.  So we're only pseudo-using themes
                ## right now.

                repThemes <- reposThemes(bioCEntries)
                themeNames <- unlist(lapply(repThemes, repThemeName))
                print("Test:")
                print(themeNames)
                whichTheme <- match(libName, themeNames)
                if (is.na(whichTheme))
                    stop(packNameOutput())
                packs <-
unlist(lapply(repThemePkgs(repThemes[[whichTheme]]),
                                       pkgName))

When I get to this part, I get these values, which do not seem right to me.
> repThemes
list()
> themeNames
NULL
> whichTheme
[1] NA
The functon prints "Test:", then all possible options for libName, then
quits.

Best wishes,

Jelle

http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~jgoeman