[Bioc-devel] Subsetting affybatch and exprset objects

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Tue Apr 13 17:24:20 CEST 2004

that would be a possibility. but its still hard because a lot of things
need to be changed. remember we want [] to be a closed operation so one
would have to return an AffyBAtch with a new cdfenv created and
stored somehwer or
new slot saying which probes to keep. also, we could have [[]] return
lists of instances of probeset. but this all seems like too much trobule for
something no-one seems to be needing. im currently leaning to permitting
subsetting of the exprs slow with the first dimension but issuing a waring
saying how few functions will work properly unless a new cdfenv is
created.