[Rd] Determining the size of a package

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Jan 18 02:55:20 CET 2024

William,

the check does not apply to binary installations (such as the Mac builds), because those depend heavily on the static libraries included in the package binary which can be quite big and generally cannot be reduced in size - for example:
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macos-arm64/terra-00check.html

Cheers,
Simon