[Rd] Determining the size of a package

William Revelle ||@t@ @end|ng |rom reve||e@net
Thu Jan 18 00:26:40 CET 2024

Dear fellow developers,

Is there an easy way to determine how big my packages  (psych and psychTools)  will be on various versions of CRAN?

I have been running into the dread 'you are bigger than 5 MB" message for some installations of R on CRAN but not others.  The particular problem seems to be some of the mac versions (specifically r-oldrel-macos-arm64 and r-release-macos-X64 )

When I build it on my Mac M1 it is well within the limits, but when pushing to CRAN,  I run into the size message.

Is there a way I can find what the size will be on these various implementations without bothering the nice people at CRAN.

Thanks.

William Revelle            personality-project.org/revelle.html
Professor                    personality-project.org
Department of Psychology         www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/
Northwestern University            www.northwestern.edu/
Use R for psychology                 personality-project.org/r
It is 90 seconds to midnight    www.thebulletin.org