[Rd] as.character.Date() strips names in R 4.3.2 beta, bug?

Andrew Piskorski @tp @end|ng |rom p|@kor@k|@com
Tue Oct 24 19:39:55 CEST 2023

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:53:10AM +0200, Martin Maechler wrote:

> Yes, this change has been *very* intentional:  as.character() for
> these objects since 4.3.0 (April 2023) finally behaves as other
> as.character() methods and *does* drop attributes.
[...]

Thank you for the detailed explanation and pointers to the old info
I'd missed, Martin.  The as.character.Date tip in particular was very
helpful in adapting my code to work with this change.

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp using piskorski.com>