[Rd] Rtools error

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 27 19:06:07 CET 2023

On 11/27/23 18:58, Rui Barradas wrote:
> Às 05:07 de 27/11/2023, Neha gupta escreveu:
>> Hello, I want to download a package and it gives me the error:
>>
>> WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
>> Rtools compatible with R 4.2.0 was found. (Only the following
>> incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found: 4.3.5550)
>>
>> Please download and install Rtools 4.2 from
>> https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/.
>>

>> I have downloaded it but dont know what to do further.
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> Hello,
>
> Have you checked it is in the PATH system variable?
> After installing Rtools you must edit the Windows PATH. It not, the
> system will still find the older Rtools version.

No, well as long as we are talking about base R, which we should be
talking about on this list. R automatically adds Rtools to PATH when it
is needed there. R knows which version of Rtools it needs (R 4.2 uses
Rtools42, R 4.3 uses Rtools43, R-devel currently uses Rtools43 but that
will change before R 4.4 is released).

More details are in
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/howto-R-4.3.html

Tomas