[Rd] Rtools error

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 27 13:54:01 CET 2023

On 11/27/23 06:07, Neha gupta wrote:
> Hello, I want to download a package and it gives me the error:
>
> WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
> Rtools compatible with R 4.2.0 was found. (Only the following
> incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found: 4.3.5550)

This error doesn't come from base R. If it is from RStudio, then either
please refer to their support, or instead try without RStudio, and then
if you run into these basic problems, a better matching list would be
R-help.

> Please download and install Rtools 4.2 from
> https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/.
>

> I have downloaded it but dont know what to do further.

Basically in common cases you just run the .exe installer and accept the
defaults. R will find the installed version automatically when it needs
to install packages.

But unless you have special need to use R 4.2, you could instead install
the latest R 4.3.

Tomas