[Rd] Segmentation fault early in compilation of revision 85514

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 14 19:19:00 CET 2023

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 12:45 PM Avraham Adler <avraham.adler using gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 1:13 AM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:
> >

> > Avi,
> >
> > Might be toolchain-dependent, might be options-dependent--it built fine here.
> > Easier for you to vary option two so maybe try that?
> >
> > Dirk
>
> Thank you, Dirk.
>
> I think it was more a PEBCAK issue. When I deleted the entire trunk
> folder and started the process from scratch, it compiled properly as
> per usual. Although this was revision 85520, so perhaps something
> changed in the interim.

Are you using a separate build directory, or building in the src/
directory? The R Installation and Administration manual recommends
using a separate build directory:

    You do not necessarily have to build R in the top-level source
    directory (say, TOP_SRCDIR). To build in BUILDDIR, run:
        cd BUILDDIR
        TOP_SRCDIR/configure
        make
    and so on, as described further below. This has the advantage of
    always keeping your source tree clean and is particularly
    recommended when you work with a version of R from Subversion.

> Regardless, the issue resolved itself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avi

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich