[Rd] Concerns with SVD

Durga Prasad G me14d059 me14d059 @end|ng |rom @m@||@||tm@@c@|n
Sun Jul 16 08:01:18 CEST 2023

Respected Development Team,

This is Durga Prasad reaching out to you regarding an issue/concern related
to Singular Value Decomposition SVD in R software package. I am attaching a
detailed attachment with this letter which depicts real issues with SVD in
R.

To reach the concern the expressions for the exponential of a matrix using
SVD and
projection tensors are obtained from series expansion. However, numerical
inconsistency is observed between the exponential of matrix obtained using
the function(svd()) used in R software.

However, it is observed that most of the researchers fraternity is engaged
in utilising R software for their research purposes and to the extent of my
understanding such an error in SVD in R software might raise the concern
about authenticity of the simulation results produced and published by
researchers across the globe.

Further, I am very sure that the R software development team is well versed
with the happening and they have any specific and resilient reasons for
doing so. I would request you kindly, to guide me through the concern.

Thank you very much.