[Rd] about RGui HighDPI awareness on windows

yu gong yugong @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Sun Jan 22 07:37:45 CET 2023

Continually working on this,  System DPI awareness implemented improved and almost finished.

Now the modify includes: Window, Dialogs and Toolbar implemented use graphapp. which related to Multiple places in the R windows front end and R base package and modules. Now most of them modified to DPI awareness(some of them, surprisingly DPI awareness ready, do not need to mod,) .

I test on two PCS168-dpi and 192 dpi, RGUI windows(include console, editor, pagers), dialogs (include download, repo related , preference), and most important, plotting Windows, All of them work smoothly on my test PCS.

The patch url is https://github.com/armgong/misc-r-patch/blob/main/dpi-c-code.diff and two test picture of my PCS are also in the repo.

Looking forward to any feedback or feedback from you.

Best regards,
Yu Gong

________________________________
From: R-devel <r-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of yu gong <yugong using outlook.com>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2023 17:23
To: r-devel using r-project.org <r-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Rd] about RGui HighDPI awareness on windows

Dear all:

Now RGui on windows no HighDPI awareness.try add HighDPI awareness to RGui in last  two days.

I write an initial POC(just for verify and only SystemDPI awareness  partial implemented) , try to mod graphapp used in  R  to implemented DPI scaling.
it seems works on my laptop , but need  further test.

So I post the patch https://github.com/armgong/misc-r-patch/blob/main/dpi-c-code.diff

if you interested in this ,please read or  try the patch.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts about this patch.

Best regards,
Yu Gong