[Rd] Problem installing gdb into Rtools42

Dominick Samperi dj@@mper| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 18 19:41:18 CET 2023

Thanks for the detailed feedback Tomas,

I ran the command 'pacman -Syuu' again, just to be sure, and this time it
says "there is nothing to do."

It appears that gdb is working. I was spooked by the diagnostics that you
say is a known (not serious) issue.

My mistake was not setting a breakpoint on main, so I confused problems
with gdb with problems with the program I'm trying to debug!

Incidentally, my remark about mingw-w64 problems in other communities
alluded to the Haskell development
community, where an ABI incompatibility was discovered about a year ago. It
is discussed by Ben Gamari here
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/19945.

Dominick