[Rd] Request: documenting more specifically language objects in the R Language Definition document

Wed Dec 13 11:27:53 CET 2023

I doubt if anyone will take you up on this request.  Only R Core members
can change those manuals, and it's hard work to write clear and correct
documentation.  This probably won't make it high enough on their lists
of priorities to actually be addressed.

What you could do is try to write it yourself.  Find some helpers who
really know the details (not necessarily R Core members) to review your
proposal.  Once you have it written and everyone agrees it is correct,
either publish it as a blog entry somewhere, or submit it to R Core for
inclusion in the manual.  I don't recommend posting early drafts to this
mailing list, though you could post near-final ones here:  you're only
going to get a few comments before people lose interest.

This would be a lot of work for you.  Besides the work of writing
clearly and correctly, you need to learn the material.  But that's a big
benefit for you if you are really interested in working with this kind
of thing.

Duncan Murdoch