[Rd] 答复: R-4.3 version list.files function could not work correctly in chinese

叶月光 yeyuegu@ng @end|ng |rom go|dw|nd@com
Sun Aug 13 07:39:39 CEST 2023

     list.files function is notcorrect。

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Ivan Krylov [mailto:krylov.r00t using gmail.com]
发送时间: 2023年8月12日 23:33
收件人: Yihui Xie <xie using yihui.name>
抄送: 叶月光 <yeyueguang using goldwind.com>; r-devel using r-project.org
主题: Re: [Rd] R-4.3 version list.files function could not work correctly in chinese

Dear Yihui,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this. I've tried creating files with Chinese characters in their names and populating them with valid UTF-8 and valid non-UTF-8 text, but R seems to be able to list them all in my case.

I'm running a US English evaluation ISO image of a slightly newer build of Windows 10, and I also compiled R-4.3.1 from source, anticipating having to single-step through the list.files() implementation:

sessionInfo()
# R version 4.3.1 (2023-06-16 ucrt)
# Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit) # Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19045) # # Matrix products: default # # # locale:
# [1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.utf8  LC_CTYPE=English_United # States.utf8 # [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C # [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.utf8 # # time zone: America/Los_Angeles # tzcode source: internal # # attached base packages:
# [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
#
# loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
# [1] compiler_4.3.1
dir("测试文件")
# [1] "测试中文-non-utf8-ЪЪЪЪЪ.txt" "测试中文-utf-8.txt"
system('cmd /c dir /s *.txt')
#  Volume in drive C has no label.
#  Volume Serial Number is A85A-AA74
#
#  Directory of C:\R\R-4.3.1\bin\x64\????
#
# 08/12/2023  07:57 AM                22 ????-non-utf8-?????.txt
# 08/12/2023  07:56 AM                18 ????-utf-8.txt
#                2 File(s)             40 bytes
#
#      Total Files Listed:
#                2 File(s)             40 bytes
#                0 Dir(s)  29,538,418,688 bytes free
# [1] 0

(The OEM codepage cannot represent the characters I used in the file names, but all the files are present in both lists.)

In order to find out what's wrong, it will be needed to download the R source code and compile it [*], install gdb using pacman (part of Rtools), then set a breakpoint on the list_files function from src/main/platform.c and step through it [**], paying attention to the R_readdir calls. Do the missing file names not even come out from FindNextFile()? Are they somehow skipped around the time of regex match?

(I could help with the details of this, maybe off-list, if there's
interest.)

Unless Tomas Kalibera is able to deduce the root cause from the observed symptoms, someone who can reproduce the problem will have to investigate further.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*] https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/howto-R-devel.html

[**] https://beej.us/guide/bggdb/
以下内容是邮件系统安全提示:
在电子邮件中索要个人信息、账号密码、银行卡信息、求助、补助、钱款转账等情况为“钓鱼邮件”或者“病毒邮件”,无需响应,并请立即删除。
如遇到邮件安全问题,请联系数字化中心 ITSecurity using goldwind.com。

Email system security tips:
The use of emails to collect personal information, account passwords, bank card information, help, subsidies, money transfers, etc. is "phishing email" or "virus email", no response is required, and please delete it immediately.
If you encounter email security issues, please contact ITSecurity using goldwind.com.