[Rd] R-4.3 version list.files function could not work correctly in chinese

Sun Aug 13 09:58:47 CEST 2023

Dear 叶月光,

I believe you that there's a problem with list.files() and file names
in Chinese. There is no need for additional proof. Unfortunately, it's
impossible to fix the problem unless its source is found:
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs-cn.html

Can you give me more examples of file names, _as text_, that I could
_copy and paste_ into my computer in order to (hopefully) reproduce the
problem here?

Alternatively, can you use a debugger for programs written in C? Do you
know someone who does?

--
Best regards,
Ivan