[Statlist] Biostatistician position at DSM-Firmenich near Basel

Franz Roos |r@nz@roo@ @end|ng |rom d@m-||rmen|ch@com
Fri Feb 23 13:30:43 CET 2024

Dear statlist subscriber,

We are looking for a bright, motivated colleague to join our biostatistics team in Kaiseraugst near Basel.

You will be part of a great, collaborative team embedded in the R&D data science department, and you will have a tangible impact on our clinical and animal trials. You will also be exposed to a variety of methodologies and scientific challenges across a broad portfolio of products and solutions.

Please do not hesitate to apply via our career website or LinkedIn if you are interested. More details below.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Franz Roos

Franz Roos
Team Lead Biostatistics
4303 Kaiseraugst
franz.roos using dsm-firmenich.com<mailto:franz.roos using dsm-firmenich.com>

Biostatistician/Programmer/Data Scientist

WHAT YOU WILL DO

Are you excited about scientific innovation and would like to provide statistical advice and insights to our animal nutrition and human nutrition projects? Do you like programming, data mining and creating statistical pipelines? Then our position as Biostatistician / Programmer/ Data Scientist might be the right next step for you! We are looking for a bright, motivated colleague to join our biometrics team in the data science department.

Location: based in Kaiseraugst near Basel in Switzerland (or Delft in the Netherlands), with a hybrid working model.

KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY

  *   Support our human and animal nutrition teams with your statistical expertise, in order to optimize decision-making in all development phases of our nutritional products
  *   Work closely and in a result-oriented way with study directors, project managers, data managers, external study sites and marketing, either as a project team member or as an ad-hoc consultant
  *   Leverage our growing CDISC/SEND farm animal study database by doing meta-analyses per product or also across the product portfolio, to answer questions for research, development and marketing
  *   Build and expand meta-analysis software pipelines and tailor them to different projects and research questions so we can update meta-analyses efficiently across the portfolio and identify gaps and opportunities
  *   Optimize the study design of feeding studies in farm animals and of clinical studies in humans together with study directors to obtain scientifically sound results and insights
  *   Participate in our digital transformation strategy and optimize how we organize and leverage data in order to tailor our products for customers and consumers
  *   Participate in collaborations on a global basis (universities, research institutes, customers, CROs, etc.)
  *   Collaborate with our IT department to leverage the database, and with external statisticians to further optimize statistical modelling or to outsource statistical work for studies

WE BRING

  *   A hybrid workplace that offers flexibility to employees across the business
  *   A broad variety of topics, statistical methods and approaches
  *   A team of diverse employees who aren't afraid to think outside of the box
  *   A truly global and collaborative team that cares about the experience of our employees
  *   The encouragement you need to develop and achieve
  *   A role that is visible and allows you to build your brand
  *   A caring and supportive environment where you're empowered to grow and share your ideas
  *   A safe, inclusive workplace where you feel welcome

YOU BRING

  *   Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics, or in a related field, with a few years of work experience in statistics; a PhD will be considered as work experience
  *   Solid programming experience with R is essential; experience with Python and data science stack would be desirable
  *   Sound knowledge of standard statistical methods, particularly regression and extensions (GLMM) and meta-analysis
  *   Experience with any of the following is an advantage: CDISC standard, exploratory data analysis, meta-regression, data engineering, data wrangling, data management, databases (SQL), randomized controlled trials, design of experiments, git, cloud-computing platforms such as AWS, machine learning, analysis of observational data
  *   Ability to act as contact for stakeholders and be curious about the goals and the context of projects, take responsibility and contribute to their success
  *   Comfortable working with a broad variety of projects, questions and stakeholders, and experience in handling competing priorities
  *   Strong team-player who communicates effectively with scientists as well as colleagues in IT, thriving in an open, global and diverse research environment
  *   Pragmatic, interested in the big picture and in identifying gaps and opportunities in our data
  *   Fluent in English

HOW TO APPLY

Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by uploading your resume in English via our career portal: https://www.dsm-firmenich.com/careers/vacancies.html