[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics | *FRIDAY 3 November 2023* | GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Oct 30 08:42:20 CET 2023

Dear all,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar, organized by Professor Sebastian Engelke on behalf of the Research Center for Statistics
< https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/institutes/rcs/team/ >.

FRIDAY 3 NOVEMBER 2023, at 11:15 am, Uni Mail M 5220 & Online
Zoom research webinar: https://unige.zoom.us/j/92924332087?pwd=U1U1NFk4dTFCRHBMeWYrSDBQcXBiQT09
Meeting ID: 929 2433 2087
Passcode: 399192

High-Dimensional Brain Mediation Analysis: Some Personal Perspectives
Professor Oliver Yibing CHÉN, Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
< https://www.unil.ch/fbm/fr/home/menuinst/la-releve-academique/nominations--promotions/professeurs-a-a-z/a-c/chen-oliver-yibing.html>

ABSTRACT:
A useful way to see the human brain is to regard it as a knowledge-acquiring system and an inferential system. But how does the brain obtain knowledge, and how does it make inferences about it? Perhaps a beginning can be made by using mediation analysis. Here, I will discuss a statistical framework potentially useful to investigate how the brain may function as a high-dimensional multivariate intermediating variable. I hope to also briefly introduce a work that extends this argument to general cases.

> View the Research Seminar agenda: < https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/ >

Regards,

Sandra Vuadens
Assistant to research and institutes
mailto:gsem-support-instituts using unige.ch