[Statlist] talk Yanyuan Ma (5 May)

MATEI Alina Gabriela A||n@@M@te| @end|ng |rom un|ne@ch
Tue Apr 25 08:56:03 CEST 2023

We are happy to announce the following talk in the Institute of Statistics, University of Neuchatel:

A Versatile Estimation Procedure without Estimating the Nonignorable Missingness Mechanism

By Yanyuan Ma, Pennsylvania State University

Time: Friday 05.05.2022 at 11 h
Place: Faculty of Sciences, University of Neuchatel, Building G, Av. de Bellevaux 51, Neuchatel, room GE14 (3rd floor).

Abstract: We consider the estimation problem in a regression setting where the outcome variable is subject to nonignorable missingness and identifiability is ensured by the shadow
variable approach. We propose a versatile estimation procedure where modeling of missingness mechanism is completely bypassed. We show that our estimator is easy
to implement and we derive the asymptotic theory of the proposed estimator. We also investigate some alternative estimators under different scenarios. Comprehensive
simulation studies are conducted to demonstrate the finite sample performance of the method. We apply the estimator to a children's mental health study to illustrate its
usefulness.