[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics *FRIDAY 2 DECEMBER 2022* GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Nov 28 10:17:35 CET 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Organized by Professor Sebastian Engelke on behalf of the Research Center for Statistics (https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/institutes/rcs/)

FRIDAY 2 DECEMBER 2022 at 11:15am, Uni-Mail M 5220 & ONLINE
Zoom research webinar: https://unige.zoom.us/j/92924332087?pwd=U1U1NFk4dTFCRHBMeWYrSDBQcXBiQT09
Meeting ID: 929 2433 2087
Passcode: 399192

Spatial Simultaneous Autoregressive Models for Compositional Data: Application to Land Use
(jointly with Christine Thomas-Agnan, Thibault Laurent, Thi Huong An Nguyen, Raja Chakir, and Anna Lungarska)
Anne RUIZ-GAZEN , Toulouse School of Economics, France
https://www.tse-fr.eu/people/anne-ruiz-gazen

ABSTRACT:
Econometric land use models study determinants of land-use-shares of different classes:"agriculture", "forest", "urban" and "other" for example. Land-use-shares have a compositional nature as well as an important spatial dimension. After recalling some classical facts about compositional data analysis, we recall the spatial simultaneous autoregressive models. We then compare two compositional regression models with a spatial autoregressive nature in the framework of land use. We study the impact of the choice of coordinate space and prove that a choice of coordinate representation does not have any impact on the parameters in the simplex as long as we do not impose further restrictions. We discuss parameter interpretation taking into account the nonlinear structure as well as the spatial dimension. To assess the impact of the explanatory variables, we compute and interpret the semi-elasticities of the shares with respect to the explanatory variables and the spatial impact summary measures.

Visit the website: https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/