[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics *FRIDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2022* GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Nov 14 10:55:43 CET 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Organized by Professor Sebastian Engelke on behalf of the Research Center for Statistics (https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/institutes/rcs/)

FRIDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2022 at 11:15am, Uni-Mail M 5220 & ONLINE
Zoom research webinar: https://unige.zoom.us/j/92924332087?pwd=U1U1NFk4dTFCRHBMeWYrSDBQcXBiQT09
Meeting ID: 929 2433 2087
Passcode: 399192

Sparse Change Detection in High-Dimensional Linear Regression
Tengyao WANG, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
https://www.lse.ac.uk/Statistics/People/Dr-Tengyao-Wang

ABSTRACT:
We introduce a new methodology 'charcoal' for estimating the location of sparse changes in high-dimensional linear regression coefficients, without assuming that those coefficients are individually sparse. The procedure works by constructing different sketches (projections) of the design matrix at each time point, where consecutive projection matrices differ in sign in exactly one column. The sequence of sketched design matrices is then compared against a single sketched response vector to form a sequence of test statistics whose behaviour shows a surprising link to the well-known CUSUM statistics of univariate changepoint analysis. Strong theoretical guarantees are derived for the estimation accuracy of the procedure, which is computationally attractive, and simulations confirm that our methods perform well in a broad class of settings.

Visit the website: https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/