[Statlist] Research Seminar in Statistics *FRIDAY 16 DECEMBER 2022* GSEM, University of Geneva

gsem-support-instituts g@em-@upport-|n@t|tut@ @end|ng |rom un|ge@ch
Mon Dec 12 10:55:54 CET 2022

Dear All,

We are pleased to invite you to our next Research Seminar.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Organized by Professor Sebastian Engelke on behalf of the Research Center for Statistics (https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/institutes/rcs/)

FRIDAY 16 DECEMBER 2022 at 11:15am, Uni-Mail M 5220 & ONLINE
Zoom research webinar: https://unige.zoom.us/j/92924332087?pwd=U1U1NFk4dTFCRHBMeWYrSDBQcXBiQT09
Meeting ID: 929 2433 2087
Passcode: 399192

Some Phase Transition Phenomena in Graphical Data Analysis
Matthieu LERASLE, ENSAE, France
https://www.ensae.fr/en/faculty/4265-matthieu-lerasle

ABSTRACT:
I'll present two problems where data naturally present a graphical structure: the analysis of champions in a tournament and the problem of matching. I'll present for each problem intuitive results in toy models and discuss various mathematical tools involved to prove them. I'll also present many open problems, hopefully convincing people to jump in this growing area.

Visit the website: https://www.unige.ch/gsem/en/research/seminars/rcs/